Uploading cam captured images to iPath Telemedicine
Developer: Kurt Brauchli <kurt.brauchli(at)unibas.ch>
The stand alone client shown above is available as either a python script (for all platforms) or an all-in-one executable package
To test the camera capture function please download the HXP client's Windows® version from here:
Please take note that this client currently only uses the TWAIN driver so you can only test the camera capture on Windows® platforms.
If you use Linux or another platform, you can still use the drag-&-drop feature of the client. Please click here for drag-&-drop.
How to use the client to capture an image with TWAIN driven camera and upload it?
- Download the HXP client for Windows from here: ImageGrab_HXP-0.2.zip
- Extract the zipped files to a directory
- Make sure your camera is ready (e.g. connect your webcam to USB)
- Start the ImageGrab_HXP.exe
- On the menu, choose "Mode" and select "iPath" or "iPath Case Files".
- On the menu, choose "Acquire" => "TWAIN connect". A window pops up listing the available TWAIN drivers installed in your system.
- Choose the proper TWAIN camera or device.
- Enter a case number in the "Case no." input (e.g. 10)
- Click "Connect". When prompted enter username = "hxp", password = "hxp"
- When the case is found, the case's basic information will be displayed on the "server response" block.
- On the menu, choose "Acquire" => "TWAIN acquire". You camera client should start.
- On your camera client, take a snapshot (e.g. "Snapshot").
- On your camera client, transfer the snapshot to the HXP client by either clicking a "Transfer" or "Export" button (differs depending on the actual camera brand).
- The upload progress will be shown on the "Drop images here:" block
- After a successfull upload, an "OK" will be shown on that block.
Where do the images go?
What case numbers are available from that iPath server?
If you enter a number which is not available in the remote server, the client will still display "connected" but the upload will fail. This is due to the fact that
the client does not do error-checking yet.
What is the URL of the HXP server that receives the images?
How can I verify the uploaded images?
How many procedure calls are being used in this client and which ones?
I see iPath everywhere in the demos. Is HXP a subpart of iPath ?
No. HXP is a project of its own. You see iPath here because the current demos were created by the iPath group. It should change when other projects (e.g.
Care2x, OIO, Freemed, and co.) start running their own HXP demos. These demo pages will be revised once other demos become available.
Can I also drag and drop images?
Credits to Kurt Brauchli for developing this client.