Client for uploading scanned documents
Developer: Kurt Brauchli <kurt.brauchli(at)unibas.ch>
The client shown above is available as either a python script (for all platforms) or an all-in-one Windows® executable.
To test the document scanner function please download the HXP client's Windows® version from here:
Please take note that this client currently only uses the TWAIN driver so you can only test the scanner on Windows® platforms.
If you use Linux or another platform, you can still use the drag-&-drop feature of the client. Please click here for drag-&-drop.
How to scan a document and upload it?
- Download the HXP client for Windows from here: hxp_imagegrab_0.2_win.zip
- Extract the zipped files to a directory
- Make sure your scanner is ready (e.g. turn on your scanner)
- Start the ImageGrab_HXP.exe
- On the menu, choose "Mode" and select "Care2x.net Encounter".
- On the menu, choose "Acquire" => "TWAIN connect". A window pops up listing the available TWAIN drivers installed in your system.
- Choose the proper TWAIN scanner
- Enter an encounter number in the "encounter No." input (e.g. 2004000001)
- Click "Connect". When prompted enter username = "hxp", password = "hxp"
- When the encounter is found, the patient's basic information will be displayed on the "server response" box.
- On the menu, choose "Acquire" => "TWAIN acquire". You scanner client should start.
- On your scanner client, prescan or scan the document. After scan, the image should automatically be transferred to the uploader client.
- The upload progress will be shown on the "Drop images here:" block
- After a successfull upload, an "OK" will be shown on that block.
Where do the scanned documents go?
What encounter numbers are available from that HIS?
If you enter a number which is not available in the remote server, the client will still display "connected" but the upload will fail. This is due to the fact that
the client does not do error-checking yet.
What is the URL of the HXP server that receives the scanned documents?
How can I verify the uploaded scanned documents?
- Go to the remote HIS at http://18.104.22.168/~care2x/foundry/ .
- From the left menu, choose "Login". Login with username = "demo" and password = "demo".
- From the left menu, choose "Admission".
- Click on the "Search" middle tab just above the blue horizontal border.
- Enter the encounter number that you used during the upload (e.g 2004500000) and click "search" button.
- The admission data will be displayed.
- On the right menu, locate the "Charts folder" link beside that tiny green "folder" icon.
- Click the "Charts folder" link and a window pops up showing a rough simulation of a charts folder.
- On the simulated folder, locate the "Photos" button and click it.
- The thumbnails will be shown. Click on a thumbnail to display the larger version.
By the way, you can also enter comments, diagnoses, remarks for each document image on this module.
Clicking the "Help" button everywhere can also help.
I found the "Mode" => "Person" on the client's menu. Can I upload a document for a patient and what
numbers are needed?
Whats the difference between Mode=>encounter and Mode=>person ?
How many procedure calls are being used in this client and which ones?
Only 2 for each mode. (4 in total)
I see Care2x everywhere in the demos. Is HXP a subpart of Care2x ?
No. HXP is a project of its own. You see care2x here because the current demos were created by the care2x group. It should change when other projects (e.g.
iPath, OIO, Freemed, and co.) start running their own HXP demos. These demo pages will be revised once other demos become available.
Can I also drag and drop prescanned documents?
Yes. Simply consider the prescanned documents as image files. For more details please click here.
Credits to Kurt Brauchli for developing this client.